Monday, February 21, 2011

Love Smith


At the beginning of the year Lovie Smith's job was a question mark. A lot of people thought that he should have been fired after last year, but Angelo gave him one more year and Smith lead the Bears to a 11-4 season and an NFC North Championship. I don't know about you, but I think think thats pretty good for a guy who was supposed to be hired. I don't always like the things that Lovie does. He leaves me scratching my head often. I still think that having him as the head coach is better than taking a chance with a guy who will do worse. I say that Angelo should give him another year and if he screws it up, he should be fired. I think the Bears are headed in the right direction and hiring the coach stops that momentum. The boys in the locker room like this coach and as long as they are winning while playing for him and they like him the GM should be happy. The situation in Minnesota is the opposite of what a GM wants. They want a coach that wins games and is loved, or at least liked, by the players. Right now Lovie is doing that so there is no reason to fire him. That would just add negative attention to the team and stop the progress they are making as a team. If you fire him right now you lose what could be a really good season next year and I don't want to see that happen. No fan should want to see that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment